Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I googled and found this recipe, then tweaked it a little bit. We tried it tonight and it's a very tasty dish. I am a new cook, so what I like about the recipe itself is that there's a little more to it than just throwing everything in there. It's simple, and it makes it more fun than other crock pot dishes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine; brown chicken. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Add onions and celery to skillet and saute' for about 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the onions and celery to crockpot, along with carrots, corn kernels, soup, chicken broth and dill.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- During the last 10 minutes, stir in the half and half.
Delicious and easy! The changes I made was using 1 can of cream of potato and 1 can of cream of chicken soups and also used fat-free half-and-half. Thanks for sharing!
Simple and wonderful. I used leftover grilled chicken, cooked it in the pan with the onions. I added some thyme along with the dill, and cooked it on HIGH for 2-3 hours. So yummy on this chilly day. I heard you could use a can of creamed corn to make it thicker, although I thought the thickness was just great.
This was SO good! I made a few changes. I used cream of chicken soup, all purpose seasoning and added hard boiled eggs and salt and pepper. It was delicious! and we have a bunch of leftovers for lunch now, thanks! we'll defnitely make this again!