Recipe by lazyme
Very simple crock pot meal that can be frozen before cooking. We like to double the sauce to have lots to serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.
Top Review by OwlMonkey
This is a great recipe that I originally found in my betty crocker crock-pot cookbook. The only difference is that it calls for proscuitto, which makes a huge difference. It's so fatty and thinly sliced that it practically melts into the chicken breast. It's also a great addition to throw in some dried wild mushrooms.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons milk (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ham and cheese on chicken.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place chicken in the crock pot so it looks like a triangle /_\ .
- Layer the rest on top.
- Mix soup with the milk; pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over noodles with the sauce it makes.