Recipe by MsSally
This is my basic filling for chicken pot pie, with a little twist. It's done in the crock pot and spooned over fresh hot biscuits. I use the canned variety on weeknights, but use your favorite recipe.
Top Review by Debbb
This was quite tasty! There's not a whole lot of liquid so it was a little dry when served over biscuits. But, I had the leftovers for lunch the next day without any biscuits & enjoyed it much more! Very hearty!!
- 3 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups carrots, cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces canned green beans, drained
- 15 ounces canned corn, drained
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- biscuits or rice or noodles, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots and potatoes in microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup water. Place in microwave for 3 minutes Drain.
- Put potatoes, carrots, onion, green beans and corn in crock pot. Pour in 3/4 of can of cream of chicken, garlic powder and thyme. Stir.
- Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables, spoon remaining soup over chicken breasts covering each. Season with paprika and pepper.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, break up chicken with a spoon. If sauce needs to thicken, dissolve cornstarch in water and add to crock pot. Turn on high for about 20 to 30 minutes or till thick as desired.
- Spoon mixture over hot biscuits, rice or noodles. Enjoy.