Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
This creamy soup is a true comfort dish for my family.It has a similar flavor to a chicken pot pie. If you are lucky enough to have some chopped chicken cooked/frozen, this can be put together unbelievably quick! This is extra good when garnished with croutons.
Top Review by Candy C
Such wonderful comfort food! As others have noted this is very versatile and can be adapted to your taste or what's on hand. I just chopped the veggies (including two red potatoes) and put them in the crockpot, topping with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. I placed two raw boneless chicken breasts on top, then mixed the soups (cream of potato and chicken, plus broth) and poured over all. Cooked for 6 hours then removed and shredded the chicken and returned to pot. It was perfect on a cool, rainy fall day in the cabin served with hot cornbread. Yum. Thanks so much!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn or 2 cups canned corn
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (can use milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- I use pre-cooked or frozen chicken, I boil the onion, celery, and carrots first(not the corn) and then throw them in the crock-pot.If I am cooking the chicken tenders, I throw the veggies in the pan afterwards, and saute. If the veggies and chicken are pre-cooked, you only have to wait until soup is fully heated.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add cooked chicken, onions, celery, carrots, corn, soup, chicken broth, and dill to your slow cooker.
- cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in half and half.