1/2 Photos of (Crock Pot) Chicken Chili
5 hrs 20 mins
Wonderful on cold nights. I also make this dish on the stove top, simmering for about 1 hour. I like to add 1-1 1/2 cup chicken broth to make it a bit more liquidy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 19 ounces white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or use can size that come closest, this is a Canadian size can)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat, brown chicken all over. Transfer to crock pot.
- 2Drain any fat from pan. Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until softened, about 6 minute Scrape into crock pot.
- 3Add beans and chilies to crock pot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- 4Remove chicken from sauce, cube into bite size pieces and set aside.
- 5Whisk flour with 3 tbsp water and stir into crock pot. cover and cook on high for 15 min or until sauce has thickened.
- 6Stir in chicken, fresh cilantro and lime, heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Crock Pot) Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 682.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 36.7 g