Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is just what you need on these cold evenings! Throw a salad together, add some cornbread and your meal is ready! You can add some heat by adding some crushed red pepper flakes (yes, the ones at the pizza parlors in the shakers). I always serve sour cream and some grated cheddar and jack cheese (grated together) with this meal. Try not to open the lid and peek; each time you open a crock pot, add another 20 minutes to the cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch
- 1 cup chopped onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, saute' chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. crock pot/slow cooker.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 5 hours or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Garnish with sour cream and cheese, if desired.