Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really wanted chili the other night, but having just gotten home from vacation, the kitchen was a little bare. So I threw what I had together in the crockpot, my husband ate himself sick with it later that night.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts, frozen
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups rotini noodles, cooked (optional)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a saute pan, saute the onions until transparent.
- Put onions and the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot and stir. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5 hours. Take chicken out and cut into bite-size pieces and put back into soup. If desired, serve over noodles and with cheese. Enjoy!