1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Chicken Casablanca (Ww Flex and Almost Core)
4 hrs 20 mins
I found this recipe on a Weight Watchers related website and knew I had to try it. The only non Core ingredient are 4 tablespoons of currants which spread over the entire dish are just 2 points or 1/2 point per serving. For Flex this is 7 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large carrots, sliced about 1/4 inch thick (or less)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced or 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced in 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons currants (if Core must count points) or 4 tablespoons raisins (if Core must count points)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Sauté onions, ginger and garlic in oil for 3 or 4 minutes and transfer to crockpot.
- 2Brown chicken in same pan over medium heat. Reserve in skillet.
- 3Add carrots, potatoes to crock pot.
- 4Place chicken on top of veggies.
- 5Stir seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken along with currants and raisins.
- 6If you like a very thick sauce, drain one of the two cans of tomatoes before adding to crock pot. Top chicken with diced tomatoes.
- 7Add zucchini to the top.
- 8Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- 9Add beans, parsley and cilantro 30 minutes before serving. (You can also do all cilantro or all parsley according to personal preference.).
- 10Serve over cooked rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Casablanca (Ww Flex and Almost Core)
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 512.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 35.3 g