Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I originally got this recipe from WW. It's become such a staple around our house. I've added a few more veggies to it to make it a more complete meal. It's designed for a smaller crock pot, so if you have a large one, just double the recipe. Chicken can be thawed, partially thawed or even frozen; just adjust the cooking time. Fast, easy and oh so delicious.
- 680.38 g skinless chicken thighs, thawed
- 793.78 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot, stir to mix.
- Simmer on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or any type of pasta/noodle.
- Note: Bone-in chicken thighs can be used but boneless is easier; 1-1/2 lbs should be about 8 thighs.
This recipe is great. Directions are clear and easy to follow. Chicken comes out tender and wonderful. The sauce is good enough to eat alone. I added celery to mine and used chicken breast. This is more like chicken soup, but it is wonderful. I will definitely make it again.
This is the most wonderful, flavorful, fall of the bone tender way to cook chicken. I make this all the time and it's always great.
I haven't made this yet, thus no stars. However I did want to say THANK YOU for noting the crockpot size, very helpful.