Recipe by Karen1961
I originally got this recipe from WW. It's become such a staple around our house. I've added a few more veggies to it to make it a more complete meal. It's designed for a smaller crock pot, so if you have a large one, just double the recipe. Chicken can be thawed, partially thawed or even frozen; just adjust the cooking time. Fast, easy and oh so delicious.
Top Review by vfranc2
This recipe is great. Directions are clear and easy to follow. Chicken comes out tender and wonderful. The sauce is good enough to eat alone. I added celery to mine and used chicken breast. This is more like chicken soup, but it is wonderful. I will definitely make it again.
- 680.38 g skinless chicken thighs, thawed
- 793.78 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot, stir to mix.
- Simmer on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or any type of pasta/noodle.
- Note: Bone-in chicken thighs can be used but boneless is easier; 1-1/2 lbs should be about 8 thighs.