Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy and delicious.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Place sliced onions in bottom of pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot, cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours, on High for 2 1/2-4 hours.
- Serve over hot buttered spaghetti or vermicelli.
I made this recipe yesterday. Found that it was still missing something. I doubled the amount of seasonings. And still it was rather bland. The chicken was very tender. Overall it was a very good recipe. Not five stars though. I will make the recipe again with italian style diced tomatoes. And a little more spices.