1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
8 hrs 50 mins
8 hrs 25 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This is one of my husbands more favorite things to cook. The green olives are a nice touch. But you could use ripe olives if you prefer. I like this with pasta and garlic bread, but if you're reducing carbs, you can serve without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken legs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Brown chicken in olive oil in skillet on both sides.
- 2Remove chicken from skillet and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- 3Deglaze bottom of skillet with red wine, stirring to get up all the browned bits.
- 4Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until mixed well.
- 5Stir oregano, basil, bay leaf, and garlic into sauce.
- 6Place mushrooms, onions, olives, celery, and green pepper over the chicken in the crock pot.
- 7Pour the sauce over all.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.
- 9Check consistency of sauce in crockpot.
- 10If it needs thickening, whisk together flour and water in a small dish.
- 11Remove chicken and bay leaf from crock pot, discarding bay leaf and keeping chicken warm.
- 12Stir flour slurry into sauce and cook, covered, on high, for 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- 13Serve chicken with vegetable sauce spooned over, garnished with parmesan cheese (if desired).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 161.2 mg
- Sodium 1127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives