Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From My Food Advisor, Recipes for Healthy Living.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 ounces tomato paste, low sodium
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, diced (I like petite diced)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 6 chicken thighs, medium sized and skin removed
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve the chicken over whole wheat rotini pasta if desired.
was looking for low-fat crock version...made this based on positive reviews. Have to say I found it very bland...no depth of flavor. Added hefty serving of fresh shaved parmesan to make more palatable for rest of family, which seemed to do the trick for them. Have similar top of stove version that we love...somehow something gets lost in translation in crock
This smelled so good when I walked in the door from work! The chicken was fall apart tender, and the flavors were wonderful. I served over rotini as suggested. Easy to make, since you don't have to brown the chicken before putting it in the crockpot. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.