Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From My Food Advisor, Recipes for Healthy Living.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 ounces tomato paste, low sodium
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, diced (I like petite diced)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 6 chicken thighs, medium sized and skin removed
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve the chicken over whole wheat rotini pasta if desired.
This smelled so good when I walked in the door from work! The chicken was fall apart tender, and the flavors were wonderful. I served over rotini as suggested. Easy to make, since you don't have to brown the chicken before putting it in the crockpot. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.