The easiest Chicken Cacciatore yet! Throw it in the Crock-Pot and run all day to come home to the savory smells coming from your kitchen. Spice it up to your liking.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up in pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Stir all the other ingredients together.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low heat 7 to 9 hours or high heat for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Add this to your list of favorites and you won't be sorry. So quick and easy to put together and no run to the store for an ingredient I didn't have. The smell alone was delightful. I served this with spagetti, salad and garlic bread. Everyone loved the tender, moist, flavorful chicken and went back for seconds. I used skinless, boneless thighs. I'm filing this recipe under "Quick, Easy, Delicious, Make Often".
My Gosh, Girl, this is a fantastic "Cacciatore" recipe! How easy can it get when all you have to do is toss everything in the crockpot, go about your business, and sit down to a super-duper meal! This goes to the top of my "Must Have List"! Thanks for posting a true winner! Laudee C.
A good throw together crockpot recipe. The smell just fulled the house. I really liked the addition of celery powder. I used skinless thighs. Everyone went back for seconds. I will make this one again. Thank you for sharing your recipe.