The easiest Chicken Cacciatore yet! Throw it in the Crock-Pot and run all day to come home to the savory smells coming from your kitchen. Spice it up to your liking.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up in pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Stir all the other ingredients together.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low heat 7 to 9 hours or high heat for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over pasta or rice.