Recipe by mymainefamily
My aunt made this growing up. And I hadnt had it since I was a kid. Until I was lucky enough to enjoy it in a local restaurant. And decided to try out a recipe I had found in a at-the-register cookbook years ago.
- 1360.77 g boneless chicken breasts
- all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 340.19 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breast into smaller pieces as desired.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in skillet on med/high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil 10 minutes or until brown.
- Place half of chicken pieces into crock pot.
- Cut pepper into fourths.
- Mix pepper, and all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon half of mixture over chicken.
- Add other half of chicken pieces.
- And then add remaining mixture on top.
- Cook on Low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve alone or on a bed of pasta.