This is a yummy simple recipe comfort food at its finest.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml kraft zesty Italian dressing
- 1360.77 g chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, and
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 473.18 ml canned crushed tomatoes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 946.36 ml MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- HEAT dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, in batches; cook 2 to 3 minute on each side or until browned on both sides.
- PLACE mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic in slow cooker; top with the chicken. Combine tomatoes, salt and thyme; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
- COOK rice as directed on package. Serve chicken mixture over the rice.