Recipe by CrimsonPhoenix
This is a yummy simple recipe comfort food at its finest.
Top Review by Pneuma
Amazing taste, love the taste! Being fond of peppers with mushrooms, this caught my attention. As expected it was great especially with the softened onions in it. Having a bit of sauce was also a plus and was served with rice. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1⁄4 cup kraft zesty Italian dressing
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, and
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, in batches; cook 2 to 3 minute on each side or until browned on both sides.
- PLACE mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic in slow cooker; top with the chicken. Combine tomatoes, salt and thyme; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
- COOK rice as directed on package. Serve chicken mixture over the rice.