Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Place onion and chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients well in a large bowl; pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
This was a superb dinner! I loved it and the aroma was mouth watering! Next time I will add a little more garlic though, and maybe double the sauce. But it was still so yummy! I served it with some penne pasta and a loaf of french bread. Thanks for a great main dish! =D
I made a few changes - used chicken breasts, doubled the garlic powder, and didn't have any gravy browner - and although the chicken was sitting in liquid, it seemed dry. Not sure why. I had decreased the heat in the crock about halfway through, otherwise it would have burned. I think next time I'll add a cup of chicken broth. I still gave four stars because the flavor was wonderful, and my house smelled out of this world. Will try again with the broth. Thanks for posting!
This was AWESOME!! We doubled the sauce and served over penne pasta. Will definitely have again. Thanks for the recipe