Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two". Serving size is a guess.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Broth recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, chopped in half at the joints
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, cut into chunks
- 4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients into 3 quart slow cooker. Add water to cover all by 2 to 3 inches. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Uncover and skim off the foam on the surface. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 8 to 12 hours. If the water cooks down below the level of the ingredients, add a bit more boiling water.
- Uncover and let cool to lukewarm. Set a large collander lined with cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the broth through to strain. Press down on the vegetables to extract all the liquid. Discard the vegetables, skin and bones. Taste the stock and add salt to taste.
- Store broth (tightly covered) in the refridgerator up to 3 days or freeze up to 4 months.