Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is such an easy recipe that the whole family will love! I usually have all the ingredients on hand. The seasoning in the Stove Top cooks right into the chicken and your home will smell amazing! My 2 year old and picky husband leave their plates clean every time I make this dish!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 -3 cups Stove Top stuffing mix, dry
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put one slice of swiss cheese on each breast.
- In a separate bowl, combine both cans of soup and milk. Pour soup mixture evenly over chicken breasts. Sprinkle stuffing over entire top of dish. Drizzle melted butter on top of stuffing. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
This turned out to be stuffing soup! What a runny mess.
This is a really yummy recipe. I make one that is just in a casserole dish with exactly the same ingredients and it is delish!! So glad to find it for a crockpot because this will make dinner even easier for me when I get home from work or church! Don't pass this recipe up -- it's well worth it!!!
Made this last night for the farm crew. Turned out FABULOUS! A real time saving treat. Needless to say it totally disappeared! As far as others having issues with this being too runny , how about you check your measurements.