This was a combination of a number of recipes I came across trying to find one that would use the crock pot and the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out FABULOUS! I served it over well-toasted garlic bread with a salad and sliced cantaloupe on the side. Healthy, low carb, simple and impressive.
- Slice the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Clean the spinach.
- Layer the onion, garlic, beans and spinach in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients. Make sure the spinach is submerged in the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken on top of the ingredients.
- Season well with salt, pepper, rosemary and italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over toasted garlic bread.