Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was a combination of a number of recipes I came across trying to find one that would use the crock pot and the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out FABULOUS! I served it over well-toasted garlic bread with a salad and sliced cantaloupe on the side. Healthy, low carb, simple and impressive.
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 425.24 g white beans, drained and rinsed
- 946.36 ml baby spinach leaves, well-rinsed
- 425.24 g fat free chicken broth
- 236.59 ml red onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 14.79 ml dried Italian seasoning
- Slice the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Clean the spinach.
- Layer the onion, garlic, beans and spinach in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients. Make sure the spinach is submerged in the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken on top of the ingredients.
- Season well with salt, pepper, rosemary and italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over toasted garlic bread.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and what a tasty and easy meal. I did cut the chicken broth down per other reviews and put the spinach in the bowl putting the cooked mixture over the top so it didn't get "over cooked" for DH. Served with Balsamic Vinaigrette#216166 on a mixed green salad.
I have never rated or reviewed a recipe before, and I've tried hundreds. I was just so thrilled with this recipe I had to do log in and share. This was so yummy! My entire family loved it, even my 4 year old son! The only changes I made were to double it for 5 people (and there were not a lot of leftovers and we don't overeat... it was just that good), I sauteed my onion and garlic, added kale to the spinach because I had it and thought it would work well, and liberally applied the rosemary and Italian seasoning over all the chicken tenders instead of just the amount they recommended. I used low sodium chicken broth and kept the liquid about the same (did not double.) I just used whole grain bread with a little butter and garlic powder on it instead of purchasing garlic toast. Again, it was so yummy! And, it was SO EASY! Loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This recipe is NOT low carb. I don't know if it's tasty or not, but I do know that with that amount of beans, and then served over bread ("well-toasted" or not), it is NOT low carb.<br/><br/>If you are diabetic or on a low carb eating plan, stay away from this one!