Recipe by AQueen
This was a combination of a number of recipes I came across trying to find one that would use the crock pot and the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out FABULOUS! I served it over well-toasted garlic bread with a salad and sliced cantaloupe on the side. Healthy, low carb, simple and impressive.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and what a tasty and easy meal. I did cut the chicken broth down per other reviews and put the spinach in the bowl putting the cooked mixture over the top so it didn't get "over cooked" for DH. Served with recipe#216166#216166 on a mixed green salad.
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 15 ounces white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, well-rinsed
- 15 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Clean the spinach.
- Layer the onion, garlic, beans and spinach in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients. Make sure the spinach is submerged in the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken on top of the ingredients.
- Season well with salt, pepper, rosemary and italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over toasted garlic bread.