6 hrs 15 mins
Chef #459292's Note:
My kids loved tacos and chili, so I thought, "Why not burritos?" I started dumping things in the crock pot and my "famous" recipe was born.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (may use breasts)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/4 cup tequila or 1/4 cup beer
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- 10 burrito-size whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream (to garnish)
- sliced scallion (to garnish)
- 1In a crock pot add all ingredients EXCEPT vinegar, refried beans, tortillas, taco sauce, and cheddar.
- 2Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 3Add vinegar and shred chicken with forks (I find a potato masher works well too).
- 4In two 9x13 baking dishes spread half of the taco sauce and spread evenly.
- 5Assemble burritos by smearing a tortilla down the middle with refried beans. Add approximately 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture, roll up and place seam-down in baking dish. Repeat until baking dish is full (usually 5 burritos in each dish for me).
- 6Pour remaining taco sauce over burritos, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- 8I love making a double batch of this and save the "guts" in a ziploc in the freezer for another day.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken & Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 793.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
burrito-size whole wheat tortillas