Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got this recipe from an email newsletter I subscribe to.
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 28 ounces barbecue sauce (your favorite type)
- Put chicken, water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and cumin in crock pot and set to low. Cook 6 hours.
- Drain juices.
- Shred chicken right in crock pot using two forks to pull apart.
- Pour in BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Cook on low for an additional hour.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw!
One of my PAC picks Spring 2007 A simple and delicious sandwich that went well with Copycat Cole Slaw #156331 and veggie chips.
This was very easy and delicious. The cumin gave this a unique flavor - much like the bbq chicken burrito I had a local mexican restaurant recently. I used bone-in, skinless chicken breasts and removed the bones before shredding. All three kids gave it a thumbs up - even the picky one. Thanks Penny!