Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from About.com. Untried as of yet, had good reviews.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in the slow cooker. Add the chicken, try to coat it well with the sauce.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked all the way through. Then shred or cut up the chicken, and replace it in the Barbecue sauce in the pot; mix it all up so all the pieces are coated.
- You can keep the slow cooker on low to keep the chicken warm for serving on hard rolls.
Good and easy. I didn't have enough ketchup so added some bottled bq sauce. Thanks for sharing!
This is excellent and flavored just right for us will be making again thanks
Excellent and easy. I love that you can just throw everything into the crockpot. Shredding the chicken was really easy because the crockpot makes the chicken so tender. We heaped this onto buns and served with a salad. Note: I cut the amount of red pepper flakes to 1/2 t. and it was still plenty spicy. Next time, I think I'll cut it back to 1/4 t. instead of the 1 t. ~Made for Pick A Chef 2011~