Recipe by Sharon123
This is easy, cooks while you're gone, perfect for a busy day, or to have while guests or family come in at different times! Adapted from Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.
Top Review by mojo mom
This was great but I tweaked it. I knew my family was not going to enjoy all that ketchup so that being said I used 3/4 cup ketchup and 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (whatever your favoite is). I didn't have the worestershire sauce so I left that out. Based on other reviews I thought it would be safe to add a few more breasts of chicken so I doubled it to 4 breasts. I cooked on low heat for 6 hours. The chicken came out tender with just the right amount of flavor and there was plenty of sauce. I served the chicken on warm sesame buns and it was a great chicken sandwhich. There were no leftovers to save!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken, coating it well with the sauce.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Shred the chicken, and place it back in the barbecue sauce in the pot; mix it all up so all the pieces are coated.
- Serve on buns or however you like! Enjoy!
- Note: You may keep the crock pot on low to keep the chicken warm, so guests or family can serve themselves!