Recipe by swampersmom
I found this recipe in a Crock Pot recipe box I recently purchased. It is easy to make and easier to eat! Especially great for a quick meal on a cold, winter day.
Top Review by Daniel L.
THANK YOU for posting this recipe! I am NOT a cook in any way, but I'm sick of the preservatives and chemicals in processed foods - especially canned soup. :-( My partner had a virus last week, and I discovered your recipe. It is soooooooooooo easy, and DELICIOUS! I've just made a second pot to enjoy while we are "snowed-in" in Raleigh.<br/>If you are looking for a delicious, EASY, and chemical free chicken soup recipe - THIS IS THE ONE. :-)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- DO NOT use quick cooking or instant rice.
- Combine broth, chicken (cut into bite size pieces), water, celery, carrots, rice and enclosed seasoning packet, onion, pepper and parsley flakes in a 4 to 7 quart Crock Pot slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in vinegar, if desired.