Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a good one from menus4moms.com. My crock pot is faster cooking than most, so I don't need 8 hours.
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 4 medium white potatoes or 4 medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, any color chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, not diluted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Place carrots, potatoes, onion, chicken and pepper in crock in order.
- Mix soup, water, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over chicken; Top with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
This was a so-so recipe. I did not care for the taste of Oregano in this recipe but with out it this dish would have been very bland. Glad I tried it. Thank you Karen for submitting it
This was very good. I've made recipes similar to this but the green pepper and paprika were different. Liked the paprika because of the nice color it made on the chicken. I didn't care for the green peppers, personal preferance. I precooked my carrots and potatoes in the microwave for 3 mins before putting them inthe crock. My crock is old and doesn't cook potatoes without a little head start. Thanks for sharing.
Very tasty recipe that minds itself. I had it on low for 6 hours and it was just right. I cut the medium sized potatoes in half, left the carrots whole. Added a cut up parsnip and left the onions whole too. Be sure to whip not just mix the sauce & herbs to gether so you have a smoth sauce. I made this recipe for Oscar night and it was ideal - cooked on it's own and took minutes to serve Thanks for posting a delicious recipe