Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
from ww message boards NOTE: if you have a newer crockpot, i would only cook for about 4 1/2 -5 hours otherwise you will end up with dry chicken and a mushy mess. this does have a great flavor though, just try not to overcook it. :)
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, condensed (98% fat-free type )
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- Place chicken on bottom of crockpot. Pour broth over the chicken. Mix together the stuffing, soup, and water, and place on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- MC NI = Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 208 Calories; 7g Fat (30.8% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 817mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Fat.
- . . . . . . . . . .
WW points plus is 9, not 5!
This recipe did not turn out well for me. It may have been my fault, I did let it cook on low for 6 hours. I was worried in hour 4 because it was starting to look a little mushy, but I was worried the chicken wasn't finished cooking. Don't think I'll try this again, however, I like the concept. While it was cooking, it smelled like Thanksgiving in my house, which is nice.
let me begin by saying that I did not make this recipe exactly as written...1st I used a 24 oz. 5 serv. pouch of Perdue's Perfect Portions, Italian...2nd I used the lower sodium chicken flavored Stove Top...3rd I used cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom...4th I used leftover fat free chicken broth instead of the water...5th I added 1 tb. lime juice and 1 tb. minced garlic from a jar...I followed the basic prep, but cooked it on HI in a 6 qt. Farberware crockpot for 3 hrs, at which point it was beginning to brown around the edges & the chicken was completely cooked...It was very yummy, I had 2 servings, LOL...this recipe was a great starting point...next time I'll add vegetables b4 I add the stuffing...thanks for sharing!