Recipe by Sue Lau
Has a nice moist stuffing flavored with cranberries throughout. The chicken is tender and moist and almost falling off the bone. Very good for warm-up meals!
Top Review by julie monical
Instead of craisins, i used chopped red delicious apple, and thumbs up! One problem though, mine made WAY too much liquid, and it didn't take nearly 6 hours--mine was fully cooked in about 4 hours on low, but the chicken was hot from the skillet when i put it in. To soak up the liquid, i just stirred in more cornbread crumbs. Totally Yummy flavor. Lots of raves from the fam.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (bone-in breasts, legs, etc)
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and celery in butter until tender; place in crock pot with stuffing mix, craisins, and chicken broth; mix well.
- Skin chicken and trim of fat (if desired); brown chicken in skillet then place on top of stuffing in the crock pot.
- Operate crock pot on low for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.