Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This dish is so easy and everyone that has tried it has absolutely loved it. Just throw it in the crock pot and it will be done in time for dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix (amount can vary depending on how dry or wet you like it)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can soup (cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, or cream of celery.)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of crock pot.
- Pour dry stuffing mix over chicken.
- Mix sour cream and soup and pour over chicken and stuffing.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Fluff all ingredients and serve.
This was really good! I precooked the chicken a bit before I put it in the crockpot and added 1/2 cup water to the soup mixture. Once I got it all in the crockpot I gave the stuffing and soup a good stir. It came out nice and moist. I'll be making this again!
My boyfriend and I thought this was excellent! I did add a couple of medium garlic cloves. Also, I was afraid it might burn, so I added some water, which helped. I recommend adding about 3/4 - 1 cup water. Also, might just be my crockpot, but the chicken was completey cooked in 3 hours. I will definitely make this again. I may try adding some gravy as well.
I followed the directions exactly and it was a very easy recipe to throw together, however, the chicken got dried out and the stuffing wasn't very moist. The flavor was good, but i don't think that I"ll make this one again.