Recipe by tree luee dee
I have this wonderful file full of clipped recipes that I'm dying to try. I'd thought I'd share them with my friends at Zaar. I believe I found this one on the web somewhere, but that's all the information I can give you. It looks fabulous... I have to admit that the serving amount is a guess, as it is not listed on the recipe....Sorry! (As well as the preparation time....)
Top Review by Queen Roachie
This tasted wonderful, but my stuffing was swimming in soup mix and didn't firm up... and now I look at the recipe again and see why: I used a box of stove top, and this looks on second reading like I should have gotten the bag of crouton style stuffing like what you use at Thanksgiving. My own fault, so I won't ding the recipe for that. :-) I did make 6 bl/sl chicken breasts in the soup mixture, and it stayed moist. Great comfort food flavor. I'll try this one again to have something good to come home to after soccer this fall. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts.
- Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast.
- Combine both cans of soup and milk.
- Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix over all.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.