1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Gumbo With Shrimp
9 hrs 20 mins
For all you crock pot lovers! A time saver You can pre make the roux!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, sliced & browned
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced okra or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole okra, partially thawed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen shelled deveined cooked medium shrimp, rinsed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1For the roux, in a heavy 2-quart saucepan stir together the flour and oil until smooth.
- 2Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Reduce heat to medium.
- 4Cook and stir constantly about 15 minutes more or until a dark, reddish-brown roux forms.
- 6In a 5-quart crockery cooker place water.
- 7Stir in roux.
- 8Add sausage, chicken, okra, onion, sweet pepper, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, can tomatoes, and ground red pepper.
- 9Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours then add shrimp for 20 minutes.
- 10Skim off fat.
- 11Serve over the hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Gumbo With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.3
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 1059.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.5 g