Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A recipe to be tried.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, browned
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, browned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- Layer vegetables in a slow cooker. Top with meat.
- Sprinkle with oregano, basil and Italian seasoning. Top with tomato sauce.
- Cover. Cook on low 8 hours.
- Remove cover during last 30 minutes of cooking to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Serve over cooked spiral pasta.
This was so bland for us. I followed the directions and ingredeints to a T. The taste was not that great, and the sauce didn't thicken at all.
Really good. I used mild sausage and Sockarooni sauce from Newman's It was really good!
I was so excited to try this recipe. I knew all the ingredients would blend together really well but I didn't expect the taste to be off the charts. This was so flavorable! I served it over penne pasta. I was hoping for leftovers for lunch but my family of five devour this meal. I will never make a plain chicken cacciatore again.