Recipe by Mark H.
Another easy-to-make crock pot chicken recipe. The olives add a great flavor to the sauce.
Top Review by Donut Chef
This is one of my stand-bys for Sunday dinner and company. It always gets positive reviews. I do substitute some more chicken broth for the sherry. I also use regular chicken broth and don't use other salt. Thanks for posting; it's nice to have it online.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken over medium heat.
- While chicken is browning, make the sauce by combining onion, garlic, chicken broth, sherry, Tabasco, bay leaf, and thyme in a mixing bowl.
- Remove browned chicken from skillet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to crock pot and cover with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and turn crock pot to High.
- Thoroughly mix corn starch and water, then add to crock pot liquid.
- Place cover over the crock pot so that lid is slightly ajar and cook until sauce thickens, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add olives to thickened sauce.
- Place chicken on a bed of rice and cover with sauce.