Recipe by CookingMonster
Threw this together one morning and what a wonderful dinner. Served with peas and dinner buns. Please note: I didn't leave the chicken breast whole, I cut each breast into 3 pieces.
Top Review by marcoandrita
Just a few thoughts - stir a few times while cooking and when the rice is the right texture cover and move to a warming oven until ready to eat. Chicken was extremely tender as I did cut the half breasts in half again - adding carrots and fresh parsley at 3 hours out of the 6 hours cooked. Really rich tasting!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream soup (mushroom or celery)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry soup to wet soup and rice and milk in a bowl.
- Lay chicken in lightly greased crock pot. Place 1 tablespoons butter on top of each piece of chicken.
- Pour over soup mixture.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Cook in crock pot for 8-10 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.