Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delicious, creamy and EASY dish I came up with when I felt like something warm and comforting. This is a very nice dish to come home too.
- 1 skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancream chicken and corn soup
- 400 ml 1% low-fat milk (1 soup can full)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- Pour the soup mix, milk and garlic powder into the crock pot and whisk together.
- Add the chopped chicken breast and diced potatoes and stir to mix.
- Cook for 8 hours on low setting of crock pot or 4 hours on high.
- Serve with bread.
- As a variation you can stir in a can of creamed corn towards the end of cooking time.
Too easy to be this good. I think the creamed corn really "makes" this dish. When I first tasted it, I thought the garlic powder was too strong (I used 2 teaspoons). Adding the corn mellowed it out and added another dimension. Next time, I think I'll try fresh garlic. This could turn into a five star, for me, with the addition of fresh ground pepper and a dash of tobasco. I like things a little spicy. As is, it is probably perfect for those who like milder food.
Very tastey! Also easy to make. My kids even liked it and they wont eat potatoes at all. You dont have to make it in a crock pot. I used left over chicken and parboiled the potatoes. It was a quick dish and it was just enough(arter I doubled the receipe. Jimmie Lu
Dale, I took your basic recipe and ran with it. I added one chicken bouillon cube, and one stalk of celery, chopped. Just before serving I added about 3 tablespoons of sour cream. Gave it a great zip! Thanks for sharing.