Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I kinda just fudged this one together one night by combining a few recipes that I had made before. My fiance loved it but I thought it might be lacking on salt or that little extra something (but my taste buds have been odd since I quit smoking so it might be perfectly okay). Any suggestions would be great. This can be cooked on High in the crock pot, but I would suggest doing it on Low so it gives the flavors time to cook into the chicken!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, to taste
- season salt, to taste
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup light ranch salad dressing
- 1 -2 cup diet cola
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups whole grain rice
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and season salt, to taste.
- Cut tops off of peppers and scoop out insides. Discard. Cut peppers into lengthwise. Put in crock pot on top of chicken.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl; pour over chicken and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Mix flour and water in a small bowl. Turn crock pot to High and add flour mixture. Cover and cook for another half hour. This will help the "gravy" thicken up.
- While "gravy" is cooking, prepare rice according to package directions (I use Success Boil in the Bag and it comes out perfect every time).
- Serve chicken, peppers and gravy over rice.