1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Chicken and Peppers With Gravy over Rice
6 hrs 10 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
I kinda just fudged this one together one night by combining a few recipes that I had made before. My fiance loved it but I thought it might be lacking on salt or that little extra something (but my taste buds have been odd since I quit smoking so it might be perfectly okay). Any suggestions would be great. This can be cooked on High in the crock pot, but I would suggest doing it on Low so it gives the flavors time to cook into the chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, to taste
- season salt, to taste
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup light ranch salad dressing
- 1 -2 cup diet cola
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups whole grain rice
- 1Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and season salt, to taste.
- 2Cut tops off of peppers and scoop out insides. Discard. Cut peppers into lengthwise. Put in crock pot on top of chicken.
- 3Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl; pour over chicken and peppers.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- 5Mix flour and water in a small bowl. Turn crock pot to High and add flour mixture. Cover and cook for another half hour. This will help the "gravy" thicken up.
- 6While "gravy" is cooking, prepare rice according to package directions (I use Success Boil in the Bag and it comes out perfect every time).
- 7Serve chicken, peppers and gravy over rice.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken and Peppers With Gravy over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 952.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
light ranch salad dressing