Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I started making this a few years ago for my family. It is one of my son's favorite meals. I take it to families with new babies and it's always a much-appreciated, comfort food.
- 1 whole chicken, thawed and washed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Place the washed chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover with 1 cup of water, salt, and pepper (add any extra spices you may enjoy).
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.
- Let cool and debone the chicken (save the liquid).
- Separate the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the egg noodles according to the package.
- Mix the drained noodles and the chicken together.
- Add about 1 cup of the reserved liquid leftover from the crock pot.
- You can add more if you like them extra moist.
- This freezes quite well too.
- It makes a lot at once.
Good and hearty but lacks flavor...
This was very easy to prepare and the chicken was so tender from being in the crockpot. I added some Lawry's seasoning and liquid smoke to the crock. I still found that it was a bit bland when served with the noodles. I will experiment more with spiced next time. My son absolutely loved this recipe.
Great recipe thanks and another hit with the family. I usually boil my chicken and add chicken bouillion cubes which I did add to your recipe and when I make mine I used rheames egg noodles, the frozen ones but I wanted something different and this was great. Thanks again. :)