Recipe by Miss Annie
I found this recipe in answer to a request on Request a Recipe.
Top Review by Bev
Here I've been knocking myself out all these years preparing Chicken and Dumplings the "hard way", and all I had to do is find Miss Annie's recipe for the crockpot! This recipe is wonderful, very flavorful and the chicken is fall apart tender! Dan'l was asking for even more chicken and I had to tell him it was all gone! I prepared it exactly according to Miss Annie's simple instructions and the results were fabulous! I will definitely be preparing Chicken and Dumplings more often! Great recipe, Miss Annie! Thank you so much!
- 3 lbs cut-up chicken
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup packaged biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 10 small white onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, place in a crock Pot.
- Put all onions into pot.
- Add garlic, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf and wine.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Increase heat to high, and stir in sour cream.
- Combine biscuit mix with parsley.
- Add milk to biscuit mix and mix until well moistened.
- Drop dumplings from teaspoon around edge of pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until dumplings are done.