Recipe by Kelly in Idaho
I have always loved chicken cordon bleu, but wanted a way to combine the flavors in an easy crock pot recipe. I actually used frozen chicken and ham in mine. I think the flavor turned out pretty good, but when I made this I thought the sauce was too thin, and I wasn't able to get it totally smooth. Any suggestions would be great!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 slices cooked ham, thick, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken and ham in crock pot.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic, salt, thyme, and basil over the top.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- In saucepan, combine milk, butter, cream cheese, and Swiss cheese to make a sauce.
- Thicken with flour if desired.
- Pour into crock pot and cook another hour to 2 hours.