Recipe by jennyblender
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that I've modified slightly to make it perfect. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Michelle M.
This was pretty great! i did add some seasonings to the mix - I added about a tablespoon each of Italian seasoning and poultry seasoning. The dumplings kind of took over the crock pot , but it was amazing all the same! Would totally make this again!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb small red potato (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 5 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (from two 32-ounce cartons)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place chicken, potatoes, onion mushrooms, peas, and carrots in 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 9 to 10 hours. Salt and pepper as desired.
- 3. Increase heat setting to high. Stir together Bisquick mix, water and parsley in medium bowl. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto hot chicken mixture. Cover and cook 45 to 50 minutes or until dumplings are dry in center.