Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 hrs
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that I've modified slightly to make it perfect. Hope you like it!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb small red potato (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 5 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (from two 32-ounce cartons)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1. Place chicken, potatoes, onion mushrooms, peas, and carrots in 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 9 to 10 hours. Salt and pepper as desired.
- 3. Increase heat setting to high. Stir together Bisquick mix, water and parsley in medium bowl. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto hot chicken mixture. Cover and cook 45 to 50 minutes or until dumplings are dry in center.
This was pretty great! i did add some seasonings to the mix - I added about a tablespoon each of Italian seasoning and poultry seasoning. The dumplings kind of took over the crock pot , but it was amazing all the same! Would totally make this again!
I loved this recipe, thank you so much for posting it. It was so easy, I can't resist a crock pot recipe that is quick to throw together! That morning I just had to clean some potatoes and chop an onion. Both of which I could have done the night before were I little more organized LOL. I made a few changes. I used Jiffy baking mix and it worked just as well. I omitted the mushrooms due to personal taste. I used an entire 6 cups of broth so I would have to save 3/4 of a cup. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. My only future change may be to try some different seasonings in it. But it was great as is. Thanks again, I will definitely make in the future! I Made this for PAC Fall 2012.