Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is an easy and tasty Feingold approved recipe. My kids love helping with the dumplings.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine all soup ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- An hour before serving, turn crock to high and make dumplings.
- Cut (combine with a pastry cutter or 2 knives or a fork) butter into sifted flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir milk in only until blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls into your slow cooker; stirring gently so dumplings don't stick together.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 40 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.
very yummy. I needed to add more liquid to the dumplins but other than that followed recipe to a T.
Wow, this was good! Very much a nice, hearty comfort food. I followed this recipe exactly and used whole wheat flour for the dumplings, and it came out beautifully. Looking forward to making it again!