Recipe by Diana Adcock
A great dish for special occasions thats so easy to prepare and tastes great! I found the original recipe on the net and adjusted it to my Aunt's recipe. This one's a keeper!
- 2 fryer chickens, cut up or 3 lbs of bone in chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted bing cherries
- 1 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon, base mix
- 1⁄4 cup pale dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry chicken.
- In a large skillet melt butter and brown chicken.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken and place in the crock-pot.
- Pour 1/2 of the cherry juice into the pan along with the chili sauce and bouillon base.
- Stir to loosen bits and pour over chicken.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock-pot, cover and keep warm.
- Pour juice from crock-pot into a large saucepan.
- Skim off fat and discard.
- Add the Sherry and remaining juice.
- Heat over medium high heat until a gentle boil is reached.
- Boil for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water.
- Whisk into the cherry juice mixture until thickened.
- Add the cherries and heat through.
- Pour the warmed brandy over the cherry sauce and ignite.
- Pour over chicken and serve.