Recipe by bmcnichol
This has been a family favorite for ages. It is quick and easy to make.
Top Review by Lainey39
I wish we had liked this better than we did as it has all the ingredients we love. However, I think the flavor was just ok. I should have really went with my first instinct and cooked the angel hair pasta separate because once I added it, the sauce got really thick and the pasta clumped together. This would have definitely made a difference in how much we liked the dish because the sauce could have been poured over the pasta. The chicken did turn out very tender. I think about 4 or 5 hours at the most would be sufficient to cook as the sour cream started to curdle a bit closer to the 6 hour mark.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat, free or 1 (8 ounce) containerregular sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta