Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Just throw everything in the crock pot for a really good meal.<><
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Ala King recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked chicken (Chopped) or 3 cups turkey (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- Combine all ingredients (except rice) in a crock pot. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 6-9 hours (high 2 1/2 -3 1/2 hours).
- Cook rice as directed.
- Serve Chicken A La King over a mound of rice.
I was looking for something quick to do for my husband to take to work and this caught my eye. Since I didn't have all day to do the crock pot, I decided to adapt this to my immediate needs. I did it all on the stovetop with pre-cooked chicken breast strips cut up, I sauteed mild jalapeno pepper instead of bell pepper (that's what I had on hand), along with celery and onion. Mixed this with a can of cream of poblano (again, what was on hand) and a can of cream of mushroom (low-salt) thinned with a can of 2% milk, added frozen peas and carrots and seasoned with white pepper and a touch of salt. It's simmering right now, but tastes great. I've got the rice cooked, but I might try mine over a piece of toast. It was all done in an hour. This is a keeper, thanks!
I omitted the green pepper and used low sodium soup,delicious.