Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a lovely easy chicken recipe. Really wonderful to come home to.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken a La King recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in small cubes
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
- Combine soup, flour, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, celery, green pepper, and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 or 8 hours or until meat is cooked and tender.
- Stir in peas and pimentos.
- Cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, noodles or biscuits.
fabulous taste! This was made in a skillet and aside from the green chopped pepper, used green peppers in a jar from a swap that tasted like pimientos. Served it over pasta for a friend. With all the greens added, it looked appetizing as well. Thanks! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
This recipe is in my Taste of Home slow cooker cookbook. It is one of my favorites. I have made it several times and it is one of my go-to meals, always keeping everything on hand for it. My recipe calls for a can of condensed cream of chicken soup that is 10-3/4 ounces(I always use Campbells). I use a pound and a half of chicken breasts . I add in 2-3 cloves minced garlic ,a couple diced carrots(I love carrots!) some Emeril's Essence and a pinch of sugar. I sprinkle with some fresh minced parsley before serving. It smells so good while cooking and I always have served it over hot ,buttered white rice with Grands! biscuits on the side. I love the leftovers for lunch. There has never been any that hasn't gotten eaten up at my house! This meal is a winner because it's good for you, easy to make and very economical-can't ask for more than that! Also the cooking time is way too long-5 to 6 hrs all together is plenty of cooking time!
This was lacking in "liquid" for me, the cream of soup didn't seem to go far enough to serve over biscuits. I would add some more flavoring next time, garlic, maybe some salt and pepper, thyme. The only change I made was to use turkey tenders instead of chicken.