Recipe by Julie421511
This is the most simple recipe ever, but the results are heavenly..The chicken makes its own juices and the meat is so tender and moist. Don't worry about the 10 cloves of garlic, the garlic carmelizes and turns very sweet. I make this chicken once a week and use the leftovers for chicken salad.
Top Review by RSL
I don't know why I didn't realize it when I saved it, but this is very much like my 20-40 clove garlic chicken! So, I used about 25-30 cloves of garlic, and just 2 T. of olive oil. After dinner, I deboned the rest of the chicken to dice and save for other dishes, then tossed the bones back in the crock with some carrot and celery and herbs, filled with water, and cooked overnight on low. I'll strain that this morning, chill and skim the fat, then save the roasted garlic chicken stock...mmm! Thanks for this, made for PAC Spring '11.
- 1 whole frying chicken
- 1 onion, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry.
- Mix in a small bowl the olive oil, paprika, pepper and salt. Rub thoroughly on the chicken.
- Slice onion and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- Place chicken on top of onions.
- Place cloves of garlic on top of chicken.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.