Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Great for the working woman. Have crock pot, will cook! I found this recipe in the booklet included with my Rival Crock Pot slow cooker. So quick and easy.
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- salt and pepper
- basil (optional) or tarragon (optional)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle cavity with salt, pepper and parsley generously.
- Place in crock pot.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley, basil or tarragon and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cover, cook on high one hour then low 8-10 hours.
I love the fact that you can use so many different seasonings with this recipe. And it's still so easy to make!
This is great. I served it with couscous - drizzled all the juices over. The chicken fell to pieces and it all sort of made a med style dish.