Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I found this recipe on the internet -- I don't remember where. It's very tasty and easy to throw together on a busy day. I don't even bother to heat up the sauce -- I just make sure it is all mixed up very well and pour over the chicken in the crock pot.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves or 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry; place in crock pot.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and heat until smooth and hot.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours.
This is so easy and very good. The only changes I made was:only used 3 chicken breasts (because it was just the two of us eating), used 4 oz. of mushrooms instead of the called for 8oz. and I omitted the sherry. It still had a very nice flavor. And because we used less chicken there was plenty of sauce to go over the brown rice I made.
I'm a little surprised to be able to report that everyone in my family loved this...including my 7-year-old who hates everything. I used cream of mushroom rather than celery, but left the rest of the recipe the same. This one's a winner!
This was very tasty. My only problem was that I didn't get gravy but broth. Mine would have been 5 stars if I hadn't added any liquid at all. I used Creme of Chicken as it was that or mushroom and I figured that it had enough mushies already (it thats even possible!). You just have to love crock pots, throw it all into the pot in the morning and serve dinner when your ready. I will try this again without the extra liquid and see how that works. Thanks Luvs!